Thursday, October 30, 2008

Miss You and Love You Grandpa Bodily March 16, 1914-October 21, 2008

So my sweet little grandpa just passed away last week.  It's sad because we don't get to go visit him anymore, but such a happy feeling to know he is with my cute grandma again.  They had to wait to be together again for 23, almost 24 years, so the wait was long enough.  I love my grandpa so much and am filled with such fun and happy memories.  You never saw my grandpa without a pepsi in his hand, so maybe that's where we all got it from:)  I remember him taking Lance and I on rides in the tractor or going to do chores at 5am(that only happened once for me).  He would always take us to town to get a pepsi and snickers, and he would half his candy bar with his doq.  My grandpa and I were pretty competitive or maybe stubborn, we used to bet on the NBA games when he lived with us, and he always stuck to the bet.  It was so funny how much he loved the "Wrastles"!  It was so cute to hear him talk about grandma, he missed her so much.  Although we will miss him so so much, I know we are so happy that he is in such a better place with his best friend, grandma.  Grandpa, we love you and will miss you till we see you again.
P.S. Please get me pictures to add to this, this is all I had. Pause my music so you can hear the song that was sung at his funeral.



8 comments:

The Hansens said...

I love the pepsi picture:) Remember when the workers at that rest home were stealing all his pepsis and we got so angry?? The only thing that is missing is his cute cowboy hat. I'm so happy that everything went well and he is finally with his cute wife again. Love ya Candice.

Brad and Jana said...

I have so many cute memories of your Grandpa! He was my adopted Grandpa I guess you could say! I teared up when you text me and when I read this! I wish so bad I could have been there at the funeral. I still remember when I asked my Mom if I could go to his funeral with you when we were in like 7th grade or something, and look how much longer he stuck around to bless all those lives who were around him. I love you and your family so much. Thanks for sticking with me all of these years. You are a great friend!

Mallory said...

Candice, sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather. It's always a bitter sweet thing to lose a grandparent whose spouse has already passed on. Just imagine the wonderful reunion he and your grandma are having!! Those pictures are great. I love the pepsi one too. Can't blame a man for loving a good pepsi! Hope you guys are doing good.

AliandT said...

You are so cute and what a cute little man. I cried when I read this and I have only heard stories of him. I'm sure he is with his sweet little wife and all is well :) How sweet are those pictures of him and Aiya I love it. Hope all is well.

Rowley's said...

What a sweet grandpa you have! Sorry about your family's loss, but how wonderful that he gets to be with his sweetheart again. Hope you're family is doing well.

Jobi Niu said...

WHat a sweet tribute.. cute pictures.. THat's good that he's with his wife again.

I read your comment on Andrea's blog that you're PREGO again?!? AHH! How exciting. Freakin Aiya is SOOO AMAZING you need 10 more kids. :)

Victoria Elder said...

Candice this was sooo sweet! I teared up!!!!!!!!! Love that pepsi picture!!!

tiff said...

Thanks for making a tribute to Grandpa! It helps us all remember him and makes me very grateful for the opportunity we had to spend with him before he passed on. Thank you again!!!