Sunday, November 9, 2008

Aiya's First Birthday-Looking Back



I know I am a little late on this, but that's just how I am I guess. I was going to post her b-day pictures but I will do that next because my computer would freeze when I would try to add those to the slide show. Anyway, Aiya is a big 1 yr old now! Kind of sad, crazy, and exciting all in one. She has grown so fast! I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. What a special day for our little family. One thing that happened during my pregnancy with her, that I kind of forgot to share in my testimony, was when I was about 18-20 wks along. One morning I woke up and something just didn't feel right. I went to the bathroom, and I was spotting pretty bad. Right away I asked for a blessing from Brandon. I found a Dr. named Dr. Wai in Dallas that wanted to see me right away. He checked me, and without giving you all the details, he said that something had obviously happened but it looked like the bleeding had stopped and things looked great. Of course he told me to stay down for a week or two, but right then and there, I new it was from the priesthood blessing and that she was meant to come to our family. Brandon's friend Jake came over that night to give another blessing, this time with the oil, and I felt so calm finally. I am so thankful that Brandon holds the Priesthood in our home. Thanks to my mom coming out, I was able to rest. That experience made the tightest bond with Aiya and made me realize that I couldn't live without her. She is everything to our family. Happy Birthday & We love love you Aiya!!!
Love-Mom and Dad

12 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Isn't the Priesthood AMAZING?!? I don't know what I'd do with out it. Aiya is GORGEOUS! Seriously you need to have like 10 kids. ha ha

Brad and Jana said...

I remember when you called me and told me what was going on. I was so scared for you and remember praying for you. The preisthood os amazing and I couldn't imagine not having it in my house. Aiya is so cute and I love her to death! You are such a great mom and she know how much you guys love her!

Victoria Elder said...

That was way scary, what a great story! Well we miss you guys! It's so weird how little they once were! did it go by fast or what?

Mike & Emily West said...

Candice! Don't worry, I'm not a stalker but I found your blog and wanted to say hi! It sounds like you are doing great and seriously...you look gorgeous (as always) and your little girl is ADORABLE! Anyway, where are you living now? Hope all is well!

Emily (Moody) West

Marcistar said...

It's crazy looking back on things huh? It makes you appreciate so much everything you've gone through this year! And it's crazy to think that it's been a whole year! Before Ella was born I used to think that Eden was just so little and she was my baby, and now that Ella's here, Eden is SO big! It's a little sad but at the same time it just makes me love Eden so much more because she's such a great big sister! I know Aiya's going to be the same way! Can't wait to see you guys! I need to see Aiya walking! Come down and let's hang out! If you're feeling ok!!!

AliandT said...

I can't believe she is a year that went way to fast.( I guess that kind of thing happens when you leave for a summer GRR!!!) Thanks for doing lunch with us we need to get together more often since Aiya likes me so much!!! :) Ha Ha don't be sad I'm just giving you a hard time. Mal wants you to come visit next time I'm over there so I will call you soon..

nate & traci said...

Oh my gosh, she is so cute! Jack loves seeing the pictures of her and the chips, "momma, that's a mess!" he says.

Andrea Migliaccio said...

That is such a cute post & such an amazing story!
Doesn't time fly when you have kids?
I cannot believe how much changes!
She is such a doll & I cannot wait for you to find out what #2 is!
xOxOxO

Amy said...

Wow...you're little girl is a miracle! I'm sure it's so overwhelming now that she is such a major part of your life, to realize how different things could be. I'm so glad that Brandon was able to bless you and we can all enjoy your sweet Aiya!

Lara said...

Hey candice and brandon! This is Lara I have a blog now so add me its laralinnsykes.blogspot.com

The Hansens said...

hey! i sent you an email letting you know i started a blog. I know you don't check email much so i decided to write you here.

so add me......NOW!!!!

rickandmelissahansen.blogspot.com

miss ya. let's go shopping.

Bekah said...

Hey Candice! It's so random that I found you on here! Remember me from Dr. Smith's office! Haha! I see you have a little girl! She is so cute! I'm glad to see that you are doing well! I see Ali has a blog too...it's so fun to see you guys and everything that has happened since I left Utah. Still no kids for us :( but we are loving where we live and Ryan is finally almost done with school so hopefully the baby will come soon! Anyway, hope all is well with you!